Notifications
Clear all

Indigenous Magic and Shamanic Journeying

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@longboater)
Topic starter

I listened to the episode with Rick Osman and loved it. Greg was lamenting the loss of indigenous magical traditions. Christina Pratt has a lot of knowledge in this subject and would make a great guest. She has a podcast at: http://whyshamanismnow.com/

In the past I've been turned off by the term Shamanisim because it seems too new agey or like cultural appropriation, but I don't get that from her. In a nutshell, you can learn how to communicate with your ancestors and helping spirits using a variety of methods, but the most common one is inducing an altered state listening to rythmic drumming. She has an Encyclopedia of Shamanisim that covers a lot of amazing stuff that people from around the world have done with help from the spirit world like shape shifting and other fantastic feats. Everyone says that primitive people couldn't have crossed the oceans because they didn't have navigation. They were most likely doing it with help from the spirit world.

Another source for info is a book by Michael Harner called The Way of the Shaman which can be found on Amazon for a penny plus $4 shipping.

Posted : August 20, 2016 11:56 PM
Share: