Notifications
Clear all

Chris Bennett. Cannabis.

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@sierrasolsiren)
Topic starter

Completely down with all the spiritual aspects of this ancient shamanic herb and appreciate the enthusiastic passion here of our guest. Truly.

Fun synco for me happened with this episode- I’m currently visiting family and got bored/stoned last night and retired to my room where there was a mirror- I thought heck, let’s prop this this up and stare it from the side in the near dark. Shadows move in mirrors- found that one out. So, it was a tickle to hear ya’ll on that topic when I listened this morning.

BUTTT…. I have something else to bring to the table and excuse me because it’s slightly off the guests chosen topics.

Every time that Cannabis has been mentioned on your show I just have to sigh. This topic is so close to my heart and life that it is hard for me to get into the conversation when it’s not in-person because I need eye contact to really get this message through. However, I’ve been waiting for a while to say that something is seriously missing every time Cannabis comes through in the show, so here go.

What has been glossed over is the perspective of those people that are being slowly pushed out of the very thing they helped to create and sustain. The community that I ‘came up’ in is now an industry, complete with taxation and regulation that differs-of course- from county to county. So now, the very fucks that were arresting you and taking hatchets to your babies are now there with clipboards telling you how tall they are allowed to be and how much space they are allowed to grow in. Writing the legislature that changes constantly to maximize penalties and fines are the suits that have never put their two hands in soil- these bastards have no idea about what it is to grow.

It’s understandable that many people are stoked on the idea that you are now 'allowed' legally to use Cannabis. Nobody wants to get arrested for what we know is innocent and good- God given. But if you’ve been waiting for it to be legal- you are a tool. For me, I never needed that legalization to not only get healthily high but to forge forward into the business. Where else can a broke, homeless 25 year old female (with a heart of gold) make it in this world? Went from lowly trimmer- to trim scene manager- to hired grower- to land owner- then to multiple farm production manager/owner? I’m 32 now. All I knew before I started was that I’d rather be in the gutter staring at the stars than to fund the fuckery that goes on in our government. Without paying a cent to those baby killing mother fuckers, I was able to help myself and countless other hardworking, bright-eyed vegas to make some serious cash for their next destination. And I feel good about that. Wouldn’t say I’ve ‘made it’ but I am more comfortable than I could have dreamt at 25.

That last standing American Dream is nearly over now. I’m not going to say it was perfect by any means- the runaways, the black helicopters, chasing off randos with shot guns, etc…. but it was an opportunity for like-minded folk to be out of the system whilst still making some decent money and respect. Now its next to impossible to branch the way I was able (and I was late in the game) because legalization=regulation. Those bitches in big business saw the money they were missing out on and came up with the plan to get in. The tension from the federal government is a show because they want the public to think that we ‘finally got a win’. But its not- and they will eventually use it as a weapon. It bums my heart hella to imagine the direction corporate interests will take the CannaBiz- just look what they have done so far…

Dispensaries. Really? Quick rant mmmk. Has anyone been into those uncomfortable little prisons? The doors are locked behind you, someone has to actually press a button to let you in or out. That is just first up, next we’ve got all these pubescent cunts behind the counter with the NorCal hipster fuck attitude that thinks they know some shit cause they read it on the internet and been a ‘bud tender’ for 20 minutes. I’m at a loss here. How can any patient that actually needs medicine deal with this shit? I can understand how the dispensary works for the craft beer types (I can be one too) but for any patient that truly needs the relief of the chief- its just cruel. They’ve got new rules on the potency of edibles- if you’ve ever made any yourself, you’d realize how much you’re getting FUCKED on the price. Speaking of price- the dispensaries that haven’t yet bought their own grow spots (because they are waiting for the regulatory dust to settle) buy pounds now (of outdoor) from 3-7 hundred dollars (at least in norcal) but STILL charge the common consumer the same price or even more. These middle men are (at lowest) selling for 5-10 bucks a gram. You do the math. And then the packaging- my god. Don’t want to start on that- such a ridiculous amount of unnecessary waste. Whatever happened to dropping by your neighborhood dude after work to grab a eighth for the weekend (or night) and being surprised with the strain you’ve never heard of? Well, that shit is over my friends. And hey, I like variety too but why can’t we have Cannabis farmers markets and local grower exchanges?

Sadly, ‘they’ have made it their capitalistic interest to fuck all the small farmers- heck even those that think they are ‘big time’ growers. For example- Calaveras county. Those bastards in local gov. acted as if they were going to allow complete roll out for commercial growers. I had a few friends go out there and pour every last dime into blank land, building infrastructure and supporting all the local businesses that benefit from the influx of efforts. The county issued licenses and other fees- the people I knew were happy to pay them at the time. Then there was a random campaign funded by god knows who but driven by ‘concerned citizens’ and they passed a ban that made all these growers that were trying to be legit in the biz unable to grow in those spots any longer-- oh wait, you can have 6 plants- excuse me. The kicker is that CC is still expecting that all those people finish out the payments on the licensing fees. Can you even believe the audacity? I want to spit.

But instead, I’ll just breath deep and be thankful that I was able to do what it is that I was able to before the man came and held out his hand in demand. I wonder if Canopy Growth Corporation will be meditating and singing with their ladies.. but i'm guessing no.

Anyone else out there that can feel me on this?

Thanks for another enlightening show Greg- gets the juices flowin'
: )

Posted : September 6, 2018 6:55 PM
(@thunderchicken)
Eminent Member

sierrasolsiren wrote: Completely down with all the spiritual aspects of this ancient shamanic herb and appreciate the enthusiastic passion here of our guest. Truly.

Fun synco for me happened with this episode- I’m currently visiting family and got bored/stoned last night and retired to my room where there was a mirror- I thought heck, let’s prop this this up and stare it from the side in the near dark. Shadows move in mirrors- found that one out. So, it was a tickle to hear ya’ll on that topic when I listened this morning.

BUTTT…. I have something else to bring to the table and excuse me because it’s slightly off the guests chosen topics.

Every time that Cannabis has been mentioned on your show I just have to sigh. This topic is so close to my heart and life that it is hard for me to get into the conversation when it’s not in-person because I need eye contact to really get this message through. However, I’ve been waiting for a while to say that something is seriously missing every time Cannabis comes through in the show, so here go.

What has been glossed over is the perspective of those people that are being slowly pushed out of the very thing they helped to create and sustain. The community that I ‘came up’ in is now an industry, complete with taxation and regulation that differs-of course- from county to county. So now, the very fucks that were arresting you and taking hatchets to your babies are now there with clipboards telling you how tall they are allowed to be and how much space they are allowed to grow in. Writing the legislature that changes constantly to maximize penalties and fines are the suits that have never put their two hands in soil- these bastards have no idea about what it is to grow.

It’s understandable that many people are stoked on the idea that you are now 'allowed' legally to use Cannabis. Nobody wants to get arrested for what we know is innocent and good- God given. But if you’ve been waiting for it to be legal- you are a tool. For me, I never needed that legalization to not only get healthily high but to forge forward into the business. Where else can a broke, homeless 25 year old female (with a heart of gold) make it in this world? Went from lowly trimmer- to trim scene manager- to hired grower- to land owner- then to multiple farm production manager/owner? I’m 32 now. All I knew before I started was that I’d rather be in the gutter staring at the stars than to fund the fuckery that goes on in our government. Without paying a cent to those baby killing mother fuckers, I was able to help myself and countless other hardworking, bright-eyed vegas to make some serious cash for their next destination. And I feel good about that. Wouldn’t say I’ve ‘made it’ but I am more comfortable than I could have dreamt at 25.

That last standing American Dream is nearly over now. I’m not going to say it was perfect by any means- the runaways, the black helicopters, chasing off randos with shot guns, etc…. but it was an opportunity for like-minded folk to be out of the system whilst still making some decent money and respect. Now its next to impossible to branch the way I was able (and I was late in the game) because legalization=regulation. Those bitches in big business saw the money they were missing out on and came up with the plan to get in. The tension from the federal government is a show because they want the public to think that we ‘finally got a win’. But its not- and they will eventually use it as a weapon. It bums my heart hella to imagine the direction corporate interests will take the CannaBiz- just look what they have done so far…

Dispensaries. Really? Quick rant mmmk. Has anyone been into those uncomfortable little prisons? The doors are locked behind you, someone has to actually press a button to let you in or out. That is just first up, next we’ve got all these pubescent cunts behind the counter with the NorCal hipster fuck attitude that thinks they know some shit cause they read it on the internet and been a ‘bud tender’ for 20 minutes. I’m at a loss here. How can any patient that actually needs medicine deal with this shit? I can understand how the dispensary works for the craft beer types (I can be one too) but for any patient that truly needs the relief of the chief- its just cruel. They’ve got new rules on the potency of edibles- if you’ve ever made any yourself, you’d realize how much you’re getting FUCKED on the price. Speaking of price- the dispensaries that haven’t yet bought their own grow spots (because they are waiting for the regulatory dust to settle) buy pounds now (of outdoor) from 3-7 hundred dollars (at least in norcal) but STILL charge the common consumer the same price or even more. These middle men are (at lowest) selling for 5-10 bucks a gram. You do the math. And then the packaging- my god. Don’t want to start on that- such a ridiculous amount of unnecessary waste. Whatever happened to dropping by your neighborhood dude after work to grab a eighth for the weekend (or night) and being surprised with the strain you’ve never heard of? Well, that shit is over my friends. And hey, I like variety too but why can’t we have Cannabis farmers markets and local grower exchanges?

Sadly, ‘they’ have made it their capitalistic interest to fuck all the small farmers- heck even those that think they are ‘big time’ growers. For example- Calaveras county. Those bastards in local gov. acted as if they were going to allow complete roll out for commercial growers. I had a few friends go out there and pour every last dime into blank land, building infrastructure and supporting all the local businesses that benefit from the influx of efforts. The county issued licenses and other fees- the people I knew were happy to pay them at the time. Then there was a random campaign funded by god knows who but driven by ‘concerned citizens’ and they passed a ban that made all these growers that were trying to be legit in the biz unable to grow in those spots any longer-- oh wait, you can have 6 plants- excuse me. The kicker is that CC is still expecting that all those people finish out the payments on the licensing fees. Can you even believe the audacity? I want to spit.

But instead, I’ll just breath deep and be thankful that I was able to do what it is that I was able to before the man came and held out his hand in demand. I wonder if Canopy Growth Corporation will be meditating and singing with their ladies.. but i'm guessing no.

Anyone else out there that can feel me on this?

Thanks for another enlightening show Greg- gets the juices flowin'
: )

I feel your pain Sierra, "what a long strange trip it's been" and sadly the inevitable corporate cock is being rammed home across all medical and rec states. I'm fighting the good fight in Michigan, Great Lake Grown (insert Ric Flair WOO!) Rec is on the ballot here this year. We've been a medical state 10 years now. The whole time living work and smoking in the grey of the law. Seems they pick and choose who to enforce based on who you know, "good ol boy network" thing. Everyone wants the best but wants to pay pennies on the dollar too. As you said, boozy hipsters that think they're connoisseur cuz they've been smoking a couple years and watched a couple documentaries. Nevermind those of us with college horticulture and botany degrees on top of years of hands on exp. They saw a video on YouTube so they know what they're talking about now. Lmfao

Every plant from seed is special. The dispensaries have lead the charge in disinformation. And this has been fueled by greed, buying from growers in it for the money not to help others and love of the plant. Money should come 2nd or 3rd in this biz. I hate the term "canna-business" its like raping the word.

Stoners are just happy they won't go to jail for enjoying a plant. And that is a wonderful thing. I've done 55 days for poss of cannabis me self. It's sucks and I don't recommend it. But like everything important things aren't going on in public eye. Most the safe organic products I've become accustomed to using have been corrupted I feel. Most dealers of indoor necessities are being bought up by you know who. It's not going to get better. Its not the last American dream. You can't dream once awake to this shit. It is still the last American gold rush. Earn what you can while you can. It varies state to state, but I fear the wells run dry out west for us little folk.

Posted : September 7, 2018 8:35 PM
(@thunderchicken)
Eminent Member

Ask any grower, any real grower what the most important thing to growing is. If they're worth they're weight in keif they'll say LOVE! You can have love or greed in your heart, they don't co-exist.

Posted : September 7, 2018 8:52 PM
Share: