Notifications
Clear all

Dunmore Caves, Ireland

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@sculptsesh)
Topic starter

I wanted to put the Dunmore Caves down as a possible location to check out. I had a strange experience at this location a year ago.

I was in the country and had some time to kill with my 1.5 yr old daughter, so we went driving and I had heard about this place and thought it might be fun to check out.

The tour guide wouldn't let me tour the caves and tried to get me to leave. He told me kids don't like the caves and that it's very alien inside and he's never seen a child go inside without getting upset. I said I was still going in and that my daughter is usually fine with things that scare other kids, so he kind of gave up, but he wouldn't do the tour with me. Instead, he let me go in the caves by myself.

He followed me down the stairs and said, "I'll wait outside the caves and come running if I hear any screaming." The actual caves themselves were interesting, especially being inside by myself with my child. And according to Irish lore, the caves are one of the darkest places in all of Ireland and a pathway to the underworld, which I learned in the intro video before going into the caves.

It was definitely worth visiting.

Posted : August 2, 2016 11:04 PM
(@ironkiwi)

Thats on my bucket list 🙂

Posted : September 14, 2016 12:49 PM
Share: