Clear all

MUST THC site forums be exclusionary?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@stormesweet)
Topic starter

Hi Greg,

Lately I've been thinking that you and everyone else on the Plus forums might benefit from a wider audience interchange. Personally, access to the forums played no part in my decision to become a Plus member -- rather it was the additional hour of podcast content. It's probably the same for most other Plus members too. I know you can't give away the store, but I think that the forum community it might be an additional in for new subscribers. I, for one, would prefer more voices as opposed to less.

Regardless, I love your show and this is the best, most enjoyable $5 I spend! I also hope you put something like an e-card together for people who'd like to gift an episode or three to someone. I mean, work parties usually have a $10 or $20 limit, and the last thing anyone needs is more junk... It would be ideal if the e-card could have links to the particular shows we think the giftee would like. Then have a super-easy special giftee link to join if they like what they've heard. I think this personal touch would be an extremely cost-effective means of getting more subs.

I think so many of us Plus people would be glad to help you get more members. It's so nice that you're not beholden to any corporate interests, that people want to see you succeed. You're a breath of fresh THC air... Thanks for doing these shows!

Storme

Posted : June 19, 2016 1:18 AM
satyagraha
(@satyagraha)
Estimable Member

I certainly did have the forums in mind when I subscribed. I believe keeping this to the THC+ community is a good idea. I have found very vew fully open forums that did not become troll-O-rama flame-fests, as anything so wide open seems to take quite a bit of even handed, but strong moderation, and a good team of moderators could be pretty hard to put together. It could be a big administrative load. Even in a small community, some noses could get bent when someone is militantly behind a position and disagreement overrides their sense of community.

I am new, but I don't think a lot of folks with closed minds are going to ante up for THC+, but if the forums were open, I think we could expect some drive-bys. I would like this to be one of those rare forums that just feel safe and like your living room.

Posted : September 22, 2016 12:35 AM
Share: