Clear all

Free Will or Cause & Effect?

33 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
(@genxgemini)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Do you believe we have FREE WILL or do you think everything we experience is a result of
Cause & Effect?

My two cents:
I theorize that Free Will is nothing more than a figment of our vast imagination.

From the night your dad & mom decided to get it on, even your conception was a result of their Cause & Effect.

After giving it earnest thought,
I can not trace one damn moment in my existence to "Free Will", as absolutely nothing appears to escape the coating of Cause & Effect.
I challenge you all to name even ONE original,Free-Will action/instance in YOUR existence that isn't a result of Cause&Effect somehow.
What do you think?

Posted : July 19, 2018 1:12 AM
(@genxgemini)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Posted : July 20, 2018 4:28 PM
(@genxgemini)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Posted : July 20, 2018 4:29 PM
(@sirujux)
Honorable Member

ive always felt like everything is a accident. thats why i think its free will or cause in effect woops. its natural because felling like everything is ment to be isnt possible. you intertwine with everything i guess

Posted : July 20, 2018 4:50 PM
(@bgunnars)
Trusted Member

Free will. But many chains to unlock, at least for the conscious mind.

As I see it, your parents' mindset was the portal only your mindset could use to enter the physical world. Your parents' copulation was not by chance, there is some subconscious mindgame going on. You can dive into it to figure out how to deal with that game or go with the flow.

Posted : July 20, 2018 6:36 PM
(@sirujux)
Honorable Member

why do so many people die or leave your life? why cant you meet someone that knows you? why cant you live a day without evreything feeling fake?

Posted : July 21, 2018 2:47 AM
(@hugh-johnson)
Trusted Member

Conciousness is the fundamental building block of reality. All is mind and cause and effect is an illusion.

Posted : July 21, 2018 9:52 AM
(@sirujux)
Honorable Member

deep. ive got to stop drunk posting. i dont remember tying that

Posted : July 21, 2018 4:46 PM
(@genxgemini)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

hugh johnson wrote: Conciousness is the fundamental building block of reality. All is mind and cause and effect is an illusion.

Care to expound on your statement?

Posted : July 21, 2018 5:00 PM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

It depends on what you and I call - Will?

Is it the thoughts in the mind of someone who is yet to individuate the Self ? - Is it tuning into other peoples like a form of Empath

Is it the inner affect response to external stimuli? - I will not put my hand in the fire

Is it the inflated ego determined to bring about a outcome that was implanted by propaganda - I will buy that new handbag?

Is it the inner Self incarnate and that's it - to be Self is the No. 1 goal in life?

Posted : July 22, 2018 1:53 AM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

It depends on what you and I call - Will?

Is it the thoughts in the mind of someone who is yet to individuate the Self ? - Is it tuning into other peoples like a form of Empath - I guess peer pressure is a form of empath.

Can the will be free if the wholeness of the person is not self-assured?

Is it the inner affect response to external stimuli? - I will not put my hand in the fire

Is it the inflated ego determined to bring about a outcome that was implanted by propaganda - I will buy that new handbag?

Is it the inner Self incarnate and that's it - to be Self is the No. 1 will in life?

I must quench my thirst - Here is your choice of 15 sugar & chemical laced "drinks" - Can the free will choose from that selection?

Do schizoids have more than 1 free will?

Answer this binary poll using you own free will? lol

Posted : July 22, 2018 2:02 AM
(@genxgemini)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itGtf3ZSkyQ

Posted : July 22, 2018 7:15 PM
(@genxgemini)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

nickzeptepi wrote: It depends on what you and I call - Will?

Is it the thoughts in the mind of someone who is yet to individuate the Self ? - Is it tuning into other peoples like a form of Empath - I guess peer pressure is a form of empath.

Can the will be free if the wholeness of the person is not self-assured?

Is it the inner Self incarnate and that's it - to be Self is the No. 1 will in life?

I must quench my thirst - Here is your choice of 15 sugar & chemical laced "drinks" - Can the free will choose from that selection?

Do schizoids have more than 1 free will?

Answer this binary poll using you own free will? lol

LOL- I can't. The cause & effect has already been put in play.
"Schizoids". Nice inclusive selection of terms there,Nick.

Posted : July 22, 2018 7:17 PM
(@sirujux)
Honorable Member

sorry for bumping but just thinking about balance and + & -. nature balances things out so everything isnt nuts. good and bad are both risky. the universe works on geometry and bad usually works against it. i have no clue where im going with this. it goes somewhere or els everything is unbalanced. you need + & -. oh so good risks getting hurt just like bad. but good gets hurt more in this world so maybe the universe is getting more powerfull

Posted : July 27, 2018 5:56 PM
(@genxgemini)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

sirujux wrote: sorry for bumping but just thinking about balance and + & -. nature balances things out so everything isnt nuts. good and bad are both risky. the universe works on geometry and bad usually works against it. i have no clue where im going with this. it goes somewhere or els everything is unbalanced. you need + & -. oh so good risks getting hurt just like bad. but good gets hurt more in this world so maybe the universe is getting more powerfull

Free-flowing thoughts are my favorite kind!!!
Fortunately, I have my swimsuit on. So,
I'll jump in your flow with you,if you don't mind the company. Thanks,thanks,thanks.

~~~~~If,in fact, that is true. Some good always comes getting hurt. It is the catharsis that contains the crown. Therefore, the hurt is vital & necessary in order to evolve.
The taking away of that catharsis is one of the main problems we,as humans, face today. The banalization of anything and everything sacred/meaningful & the glorification of all things simple,backwards and perverse are a revealing sign that
The ever-more-obvious&desperate attempts of the current power structure to retain control lately make complete & total sense....
Perhaps
the massive projection of a dystopian future in all medias isn't because it's inevitable.
In fact,
THE OPPOSITE is truly true.
THAT UTOPIA actually awaits us on the other side-where they have no control, where LIVING PEOPLE are FREE & ,like the rise in good you mentioned, there is absolutely nothing they
Can do about it. It is THEIR END & OUR true BEGINNING~~~~

Posted : July 27, 2018 6:03 PM
Page 1 / 3
Share: